If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms you may have a Thyroid condition:
- Increase in weight gain even with a low calorie diet
- Morning headaches that wear off as the day progresses
- Overly sensitive to cold temperatures
- Poor circulation and numbness in hands and feet
- Muscle cramps while at rest
- Catch colds and other viral/bacterial infections easily with difficult recovery
- Wounds heal slowly
- Require excessive amounts of sleep to function properly
- Chronic digestive problems
- Itchy and/or dry skin
- Hair loss (particularly the outer third of eyebrows)
There are no fewer than 22 different reasons for low thyroid symptoms such as these. And only a few of which may require thyroid hormone replacement therapy. I have formed a specialty in working with all types of thyroid conditions and take great care to uncover all of the mechanisms involved to help my patients choose the best choice for their therapy and continued good health.
It is also important to realize that approximately 80% – 90% of all low thyroid conditions are actually an autoimmune thyroid condition. This means that the person’s immune system is attacking their thyroid gland which in turn leads to the low thyroid symptoms. Treatment for this kind of condition is very different than for a basic low thyroid condition and it is very important to distinguish the difference between the two as soon as possible. Disregarding this detail may leave the person open to much more dangerous and progressive autoimmune conditions over time.
In working with thyroid conditions I will use simple and inexpensive blood tests together with thorough patient histories and questionnaires which can be used to screen for all of the possible low thyroid patterns and offer us a clear understanding of the problem at hand. Call my clinic today and get started in uncovering what is really going with your health. And together we can unravel the steps it will take to get your thyroid system functioning well again.